Sunday, September 17, 2017

Blog Comment Due Sept. 22

Classroom Computer Protocol and Technology Update






The beginning of the school year was hectic and there were several issues with technology during the first two weeks. Because we were "behind" so to speak, we didn't go over usual technology protocol for use and care of tech tools.   Please read the entire blog and follow directions at the end.  Reading and commenting will count as a blog grade.  After you have read the blog, make a comment at the end of this post.  If you don't comment, I will assume you didn't read it.  Your comment should include this statement:  "I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them.  Include one other statement from the blog that you learned.  Sign your name.  Due by Friday, September 22.    
  • Check the number to assure you have the right computer
  • Make sure it is fully charged and ready to go. 
  • Although we will not use the Macbooks every day, we will use frequently, have it already opened or immediately pull it up when you get into a class, this will help save time.  
  • When you return your Macbook to it's tray at the end of class, be sure it is in the right tray and the charger lights up.  This is a courtesy to others.
  • Do not carry your laptop by the screen.  This will harm the built in camera.
  • Clean the screen with wipes that are provided and never spray anything on your computer.
  • Keep drinks and food away from your computer.


  1.  Screens Down – Anytime someone is speaking (teacher, speaker or other students), screens will be tilted down.  Nothing is more distracting to you or to others around you than someone surfing the web.  Putting the screen down will help bring attention to the task at hand.
  2. Tech-Tips – It is required for you to have a Chrome toolbar set up on your computer. Always make sure you are logged in to your Chrome toolbar.  Your name should appear in the top right corner of your screen.  The minimum bookmarks you should have at this time are Canvas, BISD, My Blog, Your Blog and additionally you should have the goo.gl URL shortener as an add on.  Others will come at a later time.  Bookmarks are a HUGE time saver.  
  3. Sound – All laptops will be muted during class time.  If you are working on an independent project, you may listen to music with your headphones.  Do not assume you can leave headphones in when you enter the classroom.  When I begin speaking, remove your headphones. Do not charge your phones from the laptops. 
  4. Camera Use – Your laptop is equipped with both a digital camera and digital video recorder. With these tools, we will create a multitude of projects from footage and photos you take. There are expectations that the photos and videos taken are appropriate and in good taste. The subject should always be asked before an image is taken of them. Privileges of these two tools will be revoked if used inappropriately. Please refrain from taping video and snapping pictures of people without permission.
  5. Self-Management – If it is not related to the task assigned, you should not be doing it during class. This includes email, Googling, and social networks. Self-Management of digital access is a lifelong skill that relates to productivity.  Do not change the home screen on your computers. Manage your files and keep desktop clutter to a minimum.  
  6. Saving work – You should be saving your work.  Everyone has a Google Drive.  You should save all of your work in your own drive.  You can drag all types of files into the drive, even if they are not google files.  Word, Excel, PowerPoint, jpg, png, PDF..

Thanks for reading.  Now comment!  

23 comments:

  1. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them, and i will manage my time with not messing around with the computers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. In this blog post, I learned that I can't have my cup near as close as I have it normally. Sarah Cameron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I learned that laptops have sensitive cameras. (Jay Freeman)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read the classroom computers protocol and technology updates and i will do my best to abide by them. I understand that I can't not have my headphones in while you are talking but, when i'm working on a project or independent work, I can have them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and i will do mu best to abide by them. I have learned that if you hold the computer by the screen it can mess up wires and the camera. -courtney brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. In this blog post I learned to always plug up the computers after class as a courtesy to others. Veronica Dominguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read your classroom computer protocol and technology updates! It shouldn't be a problem so I will be mindful of these rules. I have also accomplished taking my earbuds out of my ears when you are speaking and keeping my laptop screen down when you or anyone is speaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have read and understood your rules will be make sure to uphold of all them and refrain from reckless behavior, Also i have learned to be on top of everything

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. In this blog post I learned that when there is a person speaking we shouldn't be surfing in the web, but out screens have to be tilted down. -Rosa Alvarado

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read the classroom protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. From my blog i learned to always share all my post with you so you can see it and grade it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read your classroom computer protocol and technology updates! I will be mindful of these rules. I am now getting in the habit of tilting the screen down and not talking when you are talking.

    Keisha Hardee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and i will do my best to abide by them. I learned that all files can be saved in google drive- Alison dyer

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I have also learned to mute the sound on my laptop during class in order to respect the learning process for those around me. -Blake Tillerson

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I also learned to tilt my screen down when Mrs. Kallas or another student is talking when we don't need to be looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I learned that you can drag all types of files into the drive, even if they aren't google files. -Seely Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. In this blog I learned that all laptops should be muted during class time and to never charge your phones from the laptops. -Mireya Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I learned that i should take care of the laptops by not taking food or drinks near and when I carry the laptop I need to hold it from the bottom not the screen. - Sol Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology. I will abide by the following rules. I learned that I should take care of the laptops by not having drinks or food by them. Also, carry them by holding the bottom of the laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology. I will abide by the following rules. I learned that the laptops are to be handled with care, and I am able to listen to music when there is independent work being done. - Andrea Ayala

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I learned that all laptops are to be handled with care, and that unrelated class work shouldn't be worked on during class.-Rocio Aviles

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have read the classroom computer protocol and technology updates and I will do my best to abide by them. I learned laptops need to be handled very gently, and if handled harshly your computer priveleges may be revoked. - Tajiona Jones

    ReplyDelete